Coronavirus / COVID-19 Updates
With concern growing about the spread of COVID-19, the Minnesota Subcontractors Association wishes to reiterate its priority of well-being for Subcontractors, employees, and the broader construction community.
Numerous people have reached out to MSA for information on how to manage COVID-19 concerns. We are doing our best to identify helpful information for members.
FEDERAL RESOURCES: STATE RESOURCES:SMALL BUSINESS RESOURCES: EXAMPLE INDUSTRY FORMS: * MSA did not develop these documentsWEBINARS:Upcoming (Pre-registration may be required for some webinars - all times are CDT)Past Webinars: CLICK HEREMiscellaneous Webinars:
ARTICLES FROM MSA MEMBERS & PARTNERS:
- Free Online Courses through Coursera (free career-focused, online learning resources to Minnesotans)
WISCONSIN INFORMATION: If you have valuable information regarding COVID-19 management (jobsite notifications, policies, or contract management tips) please share it with firstname.lastname@example.org so we can be the best resource for MSA members and the construction industry.
- 7/21/2020: Fraud and cybercrimes exploding during COVID-19 (Wipfli)
- 7/17/2020: Beyond Guaranteed Cost: Best Practices to Reduce Workers’ Comp Costs (Justin Gillette with Hays Companies)
- 6/5/2020: New Legislation Gives Employers More Flexibility with PPP Loans (Moss & Barnett)
- 6/4/2020: FAQ’s for Building Trades Union Members Regarding COVID-19 (MN Building and Construction Trades)
- 6/1/2020: Q & A from the May 13 GC Council meeting
- 5/29/2020: OSHA issues new COVID-19 guidance (Construction Dive)
- 5/28/2020: Construction Activity (Dodge Data & Analytics)
- 5/28/2020: Construction in Minnesota: Projects delayed, summer holds promise, uncertainty follows (Federal Reserve Bank of Mpls)
- 5/21/2020: Mechanics liens up 40% as COVID-19 pandemic disrupts industry (Construction Dive)
- 5/14/2020: Updated FAQ: PPP Loan Certification Review (Redpath and Company)
- 5/14/2020: Construction Projects and Disputes: A Look Beyond the COVID-19 Lockdown, Part II (JD Supra)
- 5/xx/2020: Construction Projects and Disputes: A Look Beyond the COVID-19 Lockdown (JD Supra)
- 5/14/2020: What you need to know about Minnesota's 'stay safe' order (MPR News)
- 5/12/2020: Bidder Recommendations and Contract Example to Watch Out For (Fabyanske, Westra, Hart & Thomson, P.A.)
- 5/8/2020: DOD releases guidance for federal contractors on Paycheck Protection Program (Wipfli)
- 5/7/2020: Welcome to the New Normal: How COVID-19 has changed us (Wipfli)
- 5/5/2020: Considerations for contractors to support “economic need” requirement for PPP loans (Wipfli)
- 5/5/2020: Expenses Paid with Forgiven PPP Loans Are Not Deductible (JAK)
- 5/1/2020: How to Ease Workers' Anxieties About Returning to the Jobsite (Construction Dive)
- 4/28/2020: How the CARES Act can help CRE business owners protect their personal finances (Wipfli)
- 4/27/2020: 4 ways CRE companies can adjust to the “new normal” of COVID-19 (Wipfli)
- 4/27/2020: Revamping employee policies during COVID-19 (Wipfli)
- 4/14/2020: COVID-19 and the Fog of Uncertainty (Federal Reserve Bank of Mpls)
- 4/13/2020: Answering five questions contractors have about SBA PPP loans (Wipfli)
- 4/13/2020: Preserve Your Payment Rights by Serving Required Lien Notices (MSA's Chapter Attorney, Jason Tarasek)
- 4/10/2020: Update: OSHA Sheds Light on COVID-19 Recording Requirements (MCAA)
- 4/7/2020: Discussion with MSA's GC Council on COVID-19
- 3/28/2020: How Contractors Can Recover Damages Due to COVID-19 (Wipfli)
- 3/26/2020: How Contractors Can Track and Log COVID-19 Expenses (Wipfli)
- Construction Law Briefing Paper (Fabyanske, Westra, Hart & Thomson, P.A.)
- COVID-19 Claims and Coverage Implications (AON)
- Update on Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (the “CARES Act”) (Best & Flanagan)
- Side-by-Side of Emergency Loans: CARES Act v. SBA v. MN DEED (Best & Flanagan)
- Fleet Services Update (USI Insurance)
- Construction Survey (Minneapolis Federal Reserve)
- SBA Disaster Loan Program and Links (University of St. Thomas)
- Income Tax Deadline Extended (JAK & Co.)
- Employer Obligations Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act - letter from attorney Martin Kappenman
- Force Majeure Contract Clauses - letter from MSA's Chapter Attorney, Jason Tarasek
This information is not legal advice. Consult your attorney for legal advice.
This information is only for general informational purposes.
A HUGE thank you to the subcontractors that donated to MSA's PPE Drive! We collected over 2,100 items of personal protection equipment and immediately delivered it to the MN Nurses Association. We would also like to thank John Lloyd of Lloyd's Construction Services for letting us use his lot and truck for the drive (on his birthday!).
We were welcomed by nurses and staff who helped us unload. Some nurses cried when they saw the amount of supplies, some sang happy birthday to John. MSA was extremely honored to help the people on the front lines of this pandemic.
We would like to thank the following companies for their donations, many drove from across the metro to give supplies:
- Gopher State Cleaning, Inc.
- Lloyd's Construction Services
- River City Electric, Inc.
- Vic's Crane & Heavy Haul, Inc.